Technological inventions are instruments in making human life easy and comfortable. While this is the sole purpose of discovering and inventing new things in life, they come with their downsides too. With new inventions, come greater responsibilities. The one using modern inventions need to be accountable for the same and hence exercise a great deal of restrain and responsibility while applying these inventions to their daily lifestyle.
One of the commonest problems while making Idea bill payment online is the doubt that subscribers have in their mind about the privacy of their personal information. Since subscribers share valuable data related to their identity as well as banking and finances, there is always a cause of concern that this data is at risk of being stolen and misused by unauthorized criminals. There is also the risk of malware, software that records secretly every word, every letter being typed by the user.
The fact is that very few of us today pick up the pen to write a cheque for making a bill payment. For subscribers, who have access to making Idea bill payments online, need to remember the following while doing so:-
- It is wise not share confidential data like OTP, CVV, PIN and bank passwords with another person. In case receiving these via message on mobile numbers, it is a good idea to delete the message after use.
- For making Idea bill payment or any other form of electronic payment, one is required to input a password. It is a good idea to select a password that includes capital letters, special characters and numbers. Though banks and other financial institutions ask their customers to keep changing their passwords on a regular basis, this is a relevant exercise that should be adopted for other online activities too.
- It is better to check for the lock symbol whenever you open a site, especially one meant for making payments. The lock sign is present just before the start of the complete website address in the address bar.Similarly a secured website will always start with https. It will be mentioned just before the actual site address. The presence of these words and the lock symbol certify that the website is SSL
- Whenever a website asks for personal and finance related information, provide information only that is marked as necessary. There would be many other things that the site may be asking but if it seems unnecessary, it is better not to fill those fields.
- For making Idea bill payment online, it is best to use private Wi-Fi network rather than public network. Also it is important not to use public desktops as they are more susceptible to being targeted by scamsters.
- Anti-virus software on personal computers and laptops are a common thing. There are such anti-virus software available nowadays even for mobile phones. If you are one using your phones a lot for payment related activities, then it is good to invest in robust software to protect your phone.